Passion Fruit (Lilikoi) Ceviche with Avocado
This is an easy versatile recipe that takes only a few minutes to prepare. Great as a side or main dish. Put some crackers on a platter and take to a party, picnic or beach day. You can use any type of seafood you like. I used marlin because it was on sale. Shrimp, scallops or any fish would work easily in this recipe.
- 1 lb white mild fish cubed into small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup passion fruit puree (lilikoi wai)
- 2 Tbl chopped cilantro
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 of a purple onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado chopped into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chips, crackers or fried wontons
- Start by putting the lilikoi puree, lime juice and the chopped Serrano pepper in a small bowl. In a medium sized bowl put your chopped fish. Cover with the juice and pepper mixture. Be sure to coat all the pieces of fish. Cover and put in fridge for 20 minutes or longer.
- Add all the other ingredients just before you are ready to serve. Serve in a bowl with chips or crackers around the dish.
For some added spiciness you can drizzle our Lilikoi Chili Pepper Sauce over the ceviche. Makes a nice twist to the original.