Brie and Passion Fruit Pepper Jelly Grilled Cheese
- 4oz of Brie cheese sliced (place in freezer for 10 minutes prior to slicing)
- 2 (1/2 inch thick) Slices sourdough bread
- 1-2 Tbl Unsalted butter
- 1-2 Tbl Passion Fruit Pepper Jelly
- A small handful of arugula
- Place brie in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to cooking. Remove from freezer and slice in ⅛ inch thick slices.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and place butter side down in the hot skillet. Brown for about 1 min, or until golden, then reduce heat to medium.
- Assemble your sandwich in the following order on top of one piece of bread: arugula, brie, passion fruit pepper jelly, more brie, more arugula. Then place the other piece of bread on top, toasted side up, and smash the sandwich down gently so that the contents begin to melt together.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and begins to drip over the edges of the sandwich. Check you sandwich frequently to ensure that the bread isn't getting too dark and that the brie isn't melting away. Remember, brie is a soft cheese and doesn't need as much heat to get to the perfect level of melt.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove from the skillet, cut in half and enjoy!
If you don't like things spicy, you can substitute with our passion fruit jelly.
Our Lilikoi Chili Pepper Sauce would make a great dipping sauce for this sandwich. The same pepper flavor profile is in both products.
Recipe and photos by Mark and Angela at Cooking with Wine Blog.