Island Style Hollandaise Sauce with Eggs Benedict Recipe
- Island Style Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients
- 4 egg yolks
- 1½ Tbl Da Vine Foods' Passion Fruit Puree
- ½ C unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Island Style Eggs Benedict Ingredients
- 8 thin slices of SPAM (traditional uses 8 slices Canadian bacon)
- 4 English muffins split
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Island Style Hollandaise Sauce, from recipe above
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Hollandaise Sauce Instructions
- Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and Da Vine Foods' Passion Fruit Puree together in a stainless-steel bowl until the mixture is thickened and roughly doubles in volume.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler); the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and has grown in volume.
- Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne pepper and salt.
- Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the Island Style Eggs Benedict.
- If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before serving.
- Eggs Benedict Instructions
- Brown the SPAM (or Canadian bacon) in a medium skillet, set aside.
- Toast the English muffins with cut sides up on a baking sheet under the broiler.
- Fill a 10-inch nonstick skillet half full of water. Add white vinegar to the cooking water. This will make the egg white cook faster so it does not spread. Bring to a very gentle boil and reduce heat slightly.
- Gently break 1 of the eggs into the water taking care not to break the yolk. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Keep the heat at a gentle simmer.
- Cook 3 minutes until the egg white is set and yolk remains soft.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, allowing the egg to drain.
- To assemble: Lay a slice of browned SPAM on top of each toasted muffin half, followed by a poached egg.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper then spoon the island style hollandaise sauce over the eggs.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.