Passion Fruit Tart
Our Passion Fruit Puree can be used to make so many delicious treats.
This Passion Fruit Tart Recipe can be made in about an hour. While it looks rather unembellished, its taste packs a big tropical flavor punch. A bit tart with a bit of sweetness, the passion fruit never disappoints! You can always add some freshly made whip cream, berries and sprig of mint with each slice or individual tart.
- 7oz. butter
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 2 1/2 c. pastry flour
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 c lilikoi puree
- 1/2 c sugar
- 4 Tbl butter
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and salt and flavors.
- Combine with flour and put in fridge for about 1/2 hour before rolling out.
- Bake 375 for 15-20 min.
- Poke with fork and check to make sure there are not bubbles.
- Whisk in the pan of a double boiler: yolks, lilikoi and sugar. Add butter and mix until it thickens a little.
- Put in tart shell and in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10-15 min.
For individual servings roll dough to 1/4" thick and cut with cookie cutter. Place in tart pan. Bake crusts until lightly browned.