Easy Lilikoi Shrimp Teaser
This is an easy Passion Fruit (Lilikoi) recipe that is made start to finish in just 30 minutes. It is a healthy, fun recipe with a tropical twist. What a great way to bring back the memories of your Hawaiian vacation.
To add a bit of spice to this recipe use our Lilikoi Chili Pepper Sauce for dipping the shrimp after they are cooked.
- 1 lb Shrimp (clean and deveined with tails on)
- 4 T Butter
- 4-5 Pods roasted garlic
- 1/4 Cup Da Vine Foods brand Passion Fruit Puree
- 1/4 Cup minced fresh parsley or ½ tsp dried
- Pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and pat shrimp dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper, cover, and set aside
- Add butter to large sauté pan over medium heat let melt and blend in roasted garlic pods
- Raise heat to medium high and sauté shrimp in garlic butter until pink on both sides
- Add Lilikoi Puree, parsley, and red pepper to pan
- Stir and let sauce thicken (one or two minutes)
- Serve immediately with fragrant rice for main dish or on skewers or with toothpicks for appetizer
As appetizer serves 4; as main dish serves 2.