Banana Pancakes Recipe (With Lilikoi Coconut Syrup)
When I was a kid, mornings were very hectic before school. Breakfast was frequently on the go.
Come Saturday mornings things were a lot different. Dad would get up and make us banana pancakes. I remember helping him stir the batter using a manual hand mixer.
I have wonderful memories making dad's banana pancakes with my kids. Now when I make them it's for my husband and I. I love to drizzle Passion Fruit and Coconut Syrup on them, add a little mango and maybe even some whipped cream.
Talk about making a common breakfast food decadent! Mmmmmm, it's so good!
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbl Sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 2 Tbl vegetable oil or melted butter
- In medium bowl, beat egg with wire whisk until fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy); do not overmix or pancakes will be tough. For thinner pancakes, stir in additional 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). Brush with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- For each pancake, pour 1 ice cream scooper full (1/4 cup) of batter onto griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly on top and dry around edges. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.