Passion Fruit and Coconut Butter Cream Frosting
- 4 Egg whites
- 3/4 Cup of sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup of Butter at room temperature
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3-5 Tbl Da Vine Foods’ Lilikoi Coconut Syrup or Lilikoi Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Use double boiler and whisk the egg whites and sugar until warm (but not cooked) and sugar is dissolved.
- Put in a standing mixer and whisk until eggs are fluffy, glossy and cool. You could use hand beaters if that is all you have, but it will take longer and be a bit harder to get an even consistency.
- Cut butter into squares. Slowly add squares of butter while mixer is on and let it mix until smooth.
- Slowly add a Tablespoon at a time of Da Vine Foods’ Lilikoi coconut Syrup.
- Put frosting into a pastry bag and pipe onto your favorite cupcake or cake
1. The color of the Lilikoi Coconut Butter Cream Frosting is a creamy white. If you are making these for a special occasion you may want to change the color by adding a few drops of food coloring at a time until the desired color is achieved.
2. If you use the Lilikoi Puree instead of the Lilikoi Coconut Syrup the color will be more vibrant.
3. Coconut shavings sprinkled on top would be a nice addition.