Busy Day Passion Fruit Pasta
- 1 box bow tie pasta (if gluten free substitute your favorite pasta or spiralizer some zucchini)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (spicy Italian sausage for those who like a little heat)
- Roasted Peppers & Onion (you can roast any veggie you have on hand)
- 1/3 C. Olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 bulb of garlic minced or to taste
- 1 C. fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C. Da Vine Lilikoi Chili Pepper sauce
- Slice up your veggies and roast them at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
- While they are roasting start cooking your pasta per the directions on the box.
- While pasta is boiling brown the Italian sausage until no pink is left. We used links and then cut them into bite sized pieces. You can cut the sausage out of the casings and brown it up like ground beef if you prefer.
- Once everything is cooked drain the pasta and put it into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the veggies, sausage and remaining ingredients.
- Stir gently until everything is well mixed.
This recipe is very versatile. Use whatever you have on hand for the pasta. You can even make one of the great gluten free pastas available now. For a less caloric dish you can spiralizer some zucchini.
The Italian sausage can be spicy if you like a little spice in your life.
The roasted veggies can be peppers & onions like we made them or you can put in whatever you have on hand. Keep it easy.