Lilikoi Coconut Bars
A buttery shortbread crust, some lilikoi coconut butter filling and a dusting of powdered sugar make these bars as pretty as they are delicious!
- 1 Cup of Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill GF Bake & Biscuit Mix
- or 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2-3, 6oz Jars of Lilikoi Butter
- 3/4 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Almonds, Chopped
- 1 Tbl Powdered Sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Pat 3/4 of mixture into bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Spread Lilikoi Butter over baked layer.
- Add coconut and almonds to remaining crumb mixture; Stir to mix. Sprinkle over Lilikoi Butter.
- Bake additional 25 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.