Passionate Ginger Whiskey Cocktail
If you are a whiskey drinker you are going to love it paired with our Lilikoi Cocktail Mix. Lilikoi is the Hawaiian word for Passion Fruit. It is a flavor that is both sweet and tart at the same time. It's unique tropical flavor makes it perfect for Summer cocktails. This drink is just what you need for a refreshing cocktail after a long hot day's work. Whether you prefer your cocktails on the sweet side or less sweet, this recipe can be adjusted to your tastes. Simply add a bit more Lilikoi Cocktail Mix to add sweetness.
I didn't come up with this one on my own. I collaborated with the folks at Cooking With Wine Blog. They fell in love with our Lilikoi Cocktail Mix and couldn't decide which recipe to go with. So they gave me two recipes. Check out the Passion Fruit Gin Punch recipe in our cocktail menu to see the recipe.
- 2oz Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey (can use bourbon as well)
- ¾ oz Lilikoi Cocktail Mix
- ½ tsp Ginger (finely minced)
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- For best results, peel a knob of ginger the size of a large garlic clove and cut into fourths.
- Pass through a garlic press into a shaker of ice. Alternatively, you can finely mince the ginger.
- Add all ingredients to a shaker of ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour over a large ice cube in a highball glass and garnish with a small mint leaf.
Note: We used Jack Daniel's for this, and it was our preference for easy-to-find whiskey.
Recipe & Photos by Mark & Angela @cooking_with_wine blog