Passion Fruit Gin Punch
If you like gin, this is the cocktail for you. Paired with our Lilikoi Cocktail Mix, this drink is the perfect refreshing cocktail after a long days work. It is not overly sweet and the basil adds a hint of savory.
I didn't come up with this one on my own. I collaborated with the folks at Cooking With Wine Blog. They fell in love with our Lilikoi Cocktail Mix and couldn't decide which recipe to go with. So they gave me two recipes. Check out the Passionate Ginger Whiskey recipe in our cocktail menu to see the recipe.
- 2oz London Dry Gin (Beefeater, Citadel or similar)
- ¾ oz Lilikoi Cocktail Mix
- ½ oz Apple Brandy (Calvados or similar)
- 2 Basil Leaves (1 for garnish)
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- ¾ oz Club Soda/Sparkling Water
- Add everything except for the sparkling water to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Add sparkling water and gently shake once, then strain through a fine mesh sieve into a highball glass with large ice cube.
- Garnish with a small basil leaf and serve.
Note: We experimented with several gins and the two that worked the best for this recipe were Citadel and Beefeater, but use what you have or like, as long as it is dry gin.
Recipe & Photos by Mark & Angela @cooking_with_wine blog