Tropical Baked Beans
These Tropical Baked Beans are a tantalizing balance of sweet and savory. We start with classic beans and bacon then add passion fruit puree and pineapple to bring in the tropical twist you all know and love.
This makes an easy, impressive side dish to go with any meal. You can use canned beans or make the beans from scratch. I like to make them from scratch, but do whatever works for you!
This recipe can be made ahead, as early as the day before, then popped into the oven at 350F for about an hour to heat through.
- 1 Cup Lilikoi Puree
- 1 Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1.5 Pounds white beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Pineapple, Chopped
- ½ Cup Molasses
- 1 Pound Bacon, cooked, drained, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Onion Chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
- Place mixture into a casserole dish and bake at 350 F until hot and bubbly; about 1 hour.