Passion Fruit & Peach Waffles
Yield:6 WafflesTotal Time:
- Lilikoi Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Lilikoi Puree
- ¾ cup mascarpone
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup Passion Fruit Puree (Da Vine Foods)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ stick unsalted butter melted (4 TBSP)
- Lilikoi (Passion Fruit) Coconut Syrup (Da Vine Foods)
- Fresh sliced peaches
- Toasted Coconut
Time:Prep 30Cook 15
- PREPARE YOUR TOPPINGS
- Pour syrup in a small saucepan to warm on low - do not boil. Alternatively place in a microwave safe container and heat for 30s immediately before serving.
- Slice fresh peaches and set aside.
- In a small pan, add sweetened coconut flakes over medium heat. Allow to brown slightly, then remove from heat and set aside.
- PREPARE THE WHIPPED CREAM
- In a mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add mascarpone, confectioners’ sugar, and lilikoi.
- Mix on low until just combined. Be careful to not over beat the cream or it will begin to separate.
- Set aside in fridge until waffles are ready.
- MAKE THE WAFFLES
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Add milk, eggs, passion fruit puree and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. Stir until fully combined.
- Add the melted butter and stir to combine. The batter should be thick but still pourable.
- Heat your waffle iron. Once ready, spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray or brush waffle iron with butter/oil.
- Add about ½ cup of the batter to the center of the waffle iron - do not pour all the way to the sides - once you close the waffle iron, the batter will spread. Cook for a couple minutes until the waffle is golden brown and fairly firm. Remove to a wired cooling rack while you make the remaining waffles.
- ASSEMBLE THE WAFFLES
- Assemble the waffles to your preference. We like to stack them with whipped cream and peaches between the layers and top with whip cream then drizzle the Lilikoi Coconut Syrup over the top. But these can easily be served Waffle Bar Style with all the toppings available and each person creates their own! Enjoy!
Recipe & Photos by Mark & Angela @cooking_with_wine blog