Passion Fruit Meringue Pie Recipe
Tangy passion fruit paired with the sweetness of meringue make this a great pie for any occasion!
- 1 ½ C Fine Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ C Sugar
- ½ Stick (1/4 C) butter, melted
- 1 14oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ C Passion Fruit Puree
- ½ t Grated Lime Zest
- 3 Large Egg Yolks, Whites Reserved for Meringue
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- ¼ t Cream of Tartar
- ¼ C Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F
- Crust: In a mixing bowl, stir the graham cracker crumbs and sugar until combined. Stir in the melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9” pie plate and set aside.
- Filling: In a medium bowl, mix the condensed milk, passion fruit puree, zest and egg yolks, reserving the whites for the meringue. Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Meringue: Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, then add the sugar and whip until peaks are stiff.
- Spread the meringue over the pie and seal to the edge of the crust. Bake until the meringue browns slightly, 15-20 minutes.
- Chill for several hours before serving.