Passion Fruit Butter Mochi Recipe
I adapted this recipe from a Butter Mochi recipe a friend gave me. Adding the passion fruit was a huge hit!
This is so good when it cools for about 10 minutes. As soon as the time was up I had a line of people wanting to have some. I didn’t have a chance to glaze it.
To all my friends and family living in Hawaii this recipe tastes great with the Purple Sweet Potato and Coconut Ice Cream. The purple color looks fantastic with the yellow mochi!
- 1 lb Mochiko Flour (check your Asian grocery stores; it is a sweet rice flour)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tbl Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Butter, melted
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbl Vanilla Extract
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- ½ Cup Passion Fruit Puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Mix all ingredients together
- Pour mixture into an 11” x 13” pan
- Bake for 45-60 minutes; it should be lightly browned
- Let cool slightly.
- While still warm you could glaze with a mixture of 2 Tbl Passion Fruit Puree and 2 Cups of Powdered Sugar