Passion Fruit Buttercream Frosting Recipe
My daughter has been perfecting her baking skills. This was her first attempt at doing an "ombre" buttercream technique. There is enough American buttercream frosting in this recipe to frost a 3 layer 8" cake.
- 2 Cups Unsalted Butter
- 5 Cups Sifted Confectioners Sugar
- 5-6 Tbl Passion Fruit Puree
- Food Coloring - optional
- Beat butter using whisk attachment on high for about 5 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Make sure to scrape down sides about halfway through.
- Add half of the powdered sugar. Beat on low until mostly incorporated. Scrape down sides, then continue to beat on high until incorporated and airy.
- Add remaining sugar and follow instructions from step 2.
- Slowly add in 1 Tbl at a time of passion fruit puree. The amount you add depends on the consistency you prefer your American buttercream at and desired flavor. If you are going to add food coloring do this now as it will affect the consistency of your buttercream as well.
- If you have reached the flavor intensity you prefer but the buttercream feels too thick, add heavy whipping cream a teaspoon at a time until you reach a thinner texture.
Picture and recipe contributed by Lexi Tom @batter.fingers